Monday, October 1, 2012

Prayers of a Tourist

In less than thirty hours, I will be embarking on what is undoubtedly going to be a life altering trip. I am going to be traveling to Southeast India, where I will be a part of some incredible work, work that will stretch me and certainly change my heart for the rest of my life! I will be living at an orphanage and visiting churches, where I will be teaching the living, breathing word of God! How great a blessing must await me in these next few months! God is so good!

My hope and prayer as I leave is simple. Lord, make me Yours. Wholly and completely Yours! Make the work of my hands a blessing to You, and a blessing to Your people. Make my heart like that of David, a man after Your heart! I hope and pray that what I do, how I do it, and who I am in doing it is pleasing to You, Lord God. Lord I also pray for those who receive me. May they find me well, and may I find them blessed and ready for my coming. Allow Your words to infect them, give them joy and peace, God. Prepare the hearts of the men and women who will hear me speak. Give them open ears to listen, and hearts of flesh, that they might come to know Your truth, Your goodness, Your salvation! Create an everlasting fire in India, Lord God, that is seen by all! Begin a work in them now, Jesus, speak to them! Please, God! Let us see revival, true revival that destroys the hearts of men, and leave only Your Spirit! Thank You, God! Thank You for all that You do, all that You are, and all that You have left! Amen.

Please join me in praying for these wonderful people, and for the ministry that God is sending me with and to! Thank you for your partnership in the plan that God in unveiling in my life, and the lives of many people in the poverty-stricken portion of Southeast India!

1 comment:

  1. JOEL: I am so excited for you in this adventure that you get to go on with God. I remember a short while ago sitting with you in the staff meeting place at Miracle Ranch by the camp fire and you telling me stories of India. I could see much of your heart in that time and I am excited to see you getting to do something that you long for. I miss you buddy!

    Devin

    ReplyDelete